fall blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The dream of children

Before one actually has a child one often fantasizes about what it will be like. It's funny, in none of my personal fantasies did I dream about what happens when i am dreaming and they are not.
One lazy Saturday we made the mistake of staying in bed after my angelic looking daughter rose from hers. I said angelic LOOKING right? My little Picasso took her favorite black crayon from wherever she was hiding it. (She likes to keep one or two and put them in the couch cushions for later. She does this with goldfish as well.) we have a white hallway. Agh! The perfect canvas . She was very thorough. She was very proud. Mommy I coloreded! Come see my color! I think I am in love with the inventor of the magic eraser. I THOUGHT I would be smart and have her help me clean. That was a big mistake. It turns out she really likes to clean. She still likes to make a mess so she " hafta clean it up!" i never dreamed that would happen.
As I was laying here with my son just a few minutes ago, typing a blog on my iPod about yard sales and drifting off to sleep while he cooed contentedly in my ear, I discovered something else kids like to do that I never fantsized about. Namely projectile vomit into your ear. Now my bedding is in the wash and he is cooing happily... In his own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment