fall blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Starting this Blog over..

I'm a  terrible blogger. I have tried to blog on a number of subjects. I have tried blogging a projects. I find my projects to be boring to myself so why would I blog them for others to read. I do lots of projects all the time and I've only blogged two. Those blogs are basically pictures and boring how to details. So I decided to start over and only blog about the things that most interest me... and I spend the most time on. That would be my dear sweet husband and our two kids. Since I never told the story on here I shall now recycle a facebook note so you can all read about how our lovely, but eccentric, family began. I wrote this for a friend whose husband is also and engineer .
 
For Alyse : My Engineer ( the acquisition)

Noticing my Engineer:

I'm not really sure when I noticed my engineer was anything more than a pest. It had to have been at some point during that first year of our acquaintance, when he still belonged to Sarah. I think the first thing I noticed about Randy, other than the fact that he was a pest, was how he cared for Sarah. He was very sweet to Sarah even when being intolerable to everyone else. He was the kind of boyfriend one would want to have. Since we began our relationship I have discovered the reasons an engineer makes such a great significant other. However we our now entering the sappy portion of our story. Please take warning it can only get worse from here.

Randy and I became friends, really good friends, during our junior year. I believe this friendship developed because we sat next to each other in chemistry class. Randy torchered me for a year, and discovered me to be implacable. I could take it. What was more I was able to ignore him and I think that for him that was a direct challenge. He drove me nuts. I vacillated between enjoying the friendship and enjoying the idea of killing him. I began to notice good qualities in him. Senior year brought a change to our relationship and I discovered a great deal more about my engineer.

Senior Year (Equally sappy):

Senior year rolled around and was very similar to junior year except Randy and I became very good friends, the kind that talk about everything and try to think of people for each other to date. (at this point we were both single however he did date a couple of girls briefly during the period. Engineers are not meant to be alone. They do not function very well without a significant other. They must have someone to assist in their study, help them communicate with the rest of the world, and tell them that they need to get a haircut and wear clean clothes.) About March Randy began to act weirdly. He began to study me carefully . A girl knows she is in trouble when an engineer begins to study her. Shortly after that he began to rehearse the reasons we should not date. Being the agreeable sort I concurred.

Through a series of mishaps ( he accidentally asked a girl to the jr/sr banquet to had a boyfriend and consequently felt uncomfortable taking her and she going with him. Me not able to obtain the date I planned on for him, as she acquired a boyfriend.) we attended the banquet together. He spent the whole evening explaining to me that while he really liked me and all our friends thought we'd be a very nice couple it would never work out so we should just be friends. I quit agreed. We made very good friends. A scant two weeks later he was very eloquently requesting that I consent to date him. I told him I would have to think about it but I would let him know as soon as possible. However he still maintained that the relationship would never work. Three weeks into the dating he would begin to say things like " when we get married" and then hasten to state that it would never happen. He would go to college and we would break up. Quit frankly if I was not so accustomed to ignoring him when the occasion required I think I would have broken up with him then.

Randy went away to college to become a full fledged engineer and prove to me that our relationship would not last.

No comments:

Post a Comment