fall blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A good ending to a bad day.

Do you ever have one of those days? You know the kind. You wake up and you know this isn't your day. My Day started out OK. Both kids were cuddling Daddy in bed and I had a chance to start the coffee pot. That was where it ended. My son, who is very vocal, decided mommy was the only one who could make him happy. My daughter decided mommy needed to give her "coffee" in her sippy, and we all decided to go to Walmart. At Walmart my daughter wet her pants ( I always keep a spare), my son had a meltdown, and then I had a meltdown. In the parking lot I just started crying. Not hysterically or anything but I don't cry normally so it was shocking to all. Hailey thought I was sick.  We had to run a bunch of errands still so we finished what we could and headed home. There I was pampered and giving relaxing projects to work on while I cuddled my cranky baby. (As relaxing ans any project can be with my helper. She wants to do everything I do. She wants to sew, wash dishes, and make "dough").

Randy tucked Hailey into bed. She cried, and Randy made a sad face, she said," You can't be sad." Then she drifted off for and hour. I had and hour of quiet. Then madness broke out once again. My daughter enjoys a good a good rodeo. She used to ask me to " Throw her down and tie her up." Apparently she is still fond of a rodeo. When I came out of the bathroom she had my measuring tape and had wrapped it around one of her brother's feet and was working on the other. That kind of set the tone for the day but we decided that I would take a "mental health" day. No chores, just spending time with the kids. We had fun. Then we went and got Daddy from work and he treated us to frosties. That was lovely. Then Blake threw up on everyone. One nice thing about my little man is I can wash him in the sink. Between Blake's poopies, and Hailey's accidents there was a full load of wash to do. However, they redeemed themselves. Blake has been sitting like an angel in his swing, staring at the lights as usual, and Hailey asked me to color with her and we had a great time. Then after I tucked her in she said, "you ARE beautiful!" O the subtle art of flattery.

1 comment:

  1. We all have the bad days but its the good endings that make life seem so much greater!!!

    ReplyDelete