fall blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Food and Family

                                                
 SIL ( I'm not using her name because I didn't ask if I could) asked for cookies. Hailey and I got to work . Hailey says she is "a hard worker, and works hard for chocowait. " She helped me mix the dough, shape cookies, and she even got to reap the benefits. We had some small accidents along the way. I let her crack and egg. She was pretty shocked when it fell out " the wrong side" and missed the bowl completely. I love watching her get her pan, the one she had to " do all by myself", and take it to the oven. She was so serious about her "work". 
Blake even had fun watching her. I think he was hoping she would sneak him something while I wasn't looking. She does that. He's had several foods I don't think he's ready for because I looked away. We made some experimental cookies. I think they turned out ok. We like to "get creative in the kitchen like Curious George." Between the two of us we were able to get 126 cookies for " Aunt SIL's house." 
 I loved the way she looked at me with her big dark eyes and said " Maybe she will share the chocolate with me." I can't believe she's grown up enough to help me in the kitchen. I miss my baby but I love spending time with my little girl. Every day is full of special treats just for me to enjoy and I'm so thankful I can be home with the kids and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment